Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholdersCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

RfmT1971
Participant

@Cedric – many thanks! I never seem to be able to use miles when I’m flying and in contrast to all the “general” comments and justified critique, at least it would have softened the blow and made people take an active decision.

If I am in the airport for 10 minutes before boarding, I probably don’t need to crowd up the lounge. If I’m there for longer, it is a privilege and the suggestion that we’re somehow being disloyal by not flying BA rather ignores the issue of what we have put in to reach the status in the first place.

LH, btw, allows me to convert my SEN miles into useful stuff like furniture or wine – BA’s only allows me to collect miles, which when I then want to use, are not deployable due to lack of space in the UPG class.

Question to all: anybody know how the idea could be valued? 1k miles, 5k, 10k? Is there a GBP/EUR value per mile “somewhere” where the figure could be identified – frankly, before I pay £20 for a generic lounge, I’d rather use miles anyway.