Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholdersCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

“The policy encourages customers (even loyal ones) to choose a non BA flight, and particularly cheaper LCC flights, where one exists from the same terminal.”

VK, I must admit that I sometimes wonder about your IQ level.

As Binman wrote earlier, this privilege has to be earned by a considerable spend.

And it was a competitive advantage, let’s be honest no one in their right mind would spend good money on Club Europe and at LGW BA don’t even put up much of a fight on short haul, clapped out 737s that look as if they need fumigating, versus new and clean orange metal.

BA may at least try to hold on to the long haul premium business by offering the ability to stay in the club, even when flying loco.

And on some routes, BA don’t offer flights at all, so the anytime access was valuable, e.g. if I used easyJet from Malta, then connected at the North terminal to BA long haul.
I’ve just booked a business class flight from Malta to a regular destination the middle east, late booking (by ME premium standards, as the higher cabins sell out first) made on Wednesday last, to fly in a month – BA doesn’t even offer a codeshare connection.

So I’ve booked with Etihad (via London), who have now put in place an agreement with Air Malta – 1,450 euros return, versus BAs quote of more than that in premium economy, ex Europe, but needing me to add 300€ more for connecting flights.

I don’t think I’ll be back on that route.

But the great thing is that my card will drop to silver, which I can support on other routes and there will be no difference (that I value) from Gold.