Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

So it appears this enhancement was a sledgehammer to crack a nut ie Easy Jet Customers at LGW North. Has to have been though up by some graduate trainee just out of some expensice business school and without a ounce of sense.
If LGW was the issue then LGW should have had a separte arrangement. To remove this perk with such little notice is silly and petty.
This decision has resulted in hundreds if not thousands of anti BA posts on another travel site and is is clear there is a geat deal of anger from those it does affect.
A gold card in the UK requires 1600 tier points or 9 first class sectors or 14 J a class. At an average of £3500 for first and £2600 for club that is a lot of revenue to get a perk that most GCH appreciated but rarely used.

Makes no sense at all and I fear that further enhancements are on their way for both gold and silver. As suggested elsewhere perhaps the loss of the soft landing from Gold to Silver or hikes in redemption charges……though there would have to be seats first!!.

I got my Gold just in March, though thanks to BA incompetance I still do not have a card or bag tags. It will be my last.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls