Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholdersCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders Reply To: BA drops Anytime Access for Gold cardholders

StephenLondon
Participant

Well if, as VK points out, it was LGW that tipped the scales towards this “enhancement”, why didn’t BA just stop open doors at LGW but leave the perquisite for the rest of the world? I have doubts it was costing BA much in monetary sense (apart from LGW), certainly less than what they received in terms of loyalty and added revenue from customers who value their benefits.

I have heard BA pax at LGW complaining of not being able to find seats in the First Class Lounge as there were so many customers with Easyjet boarding cards slurping wine, gin and champers. I would guess these are the customers who have given “feedback” – and perhaps rightly so in their individual cases.

It was good to use the lounges when BA or OW didn’t fly certain routes like Denver – Houston. What I really liked about it was the ability to read a UK paper for half an hour, not to booze or snacks. It was a “touch of home” whilst overseas. I’ll miss that. I do think BA could have been a bit softer when thinking about this “enhancement”.