Reply To: Air France does not credit all milesCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Air France does not credit all miles Reply To: Air France does not credit all miles

O.C.D.P
Participant

I accept your points with benefits that are ‘free’ certainly, but the key question now would be after your 3 upgrades in 3 years have you gone on to purchase a premium ticket with the airline? I dont not intend that to be a rude question but use it to highlight a point that if you havent, then those upgrades may well have cost the airline, as you continue to travel on tickets providing very low yields in economy with the main incentive to airlines to provide upgrades to the premium cabins being to reward those people who yes are loyal to them but who provide them with the biggest margins.
i.e if 1 pax takes 20 return flights in economy with an airline on tickets that yield £50 a go, bringing in £1000, and another takes just 4 return flights yielding £500 a go, bringing in £2000, then the airline will always favour the latter even if that passenger is flying 40 sectors with a rival as there is always the chance they will ‘defect’.