Reply To: UK citizen / US resident – which loyalty scheme to choose?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes UK citizen / US resident – which loyalty scheme to choose? Reply To: UK citizen / US resident – which loyalty scheme to choose?

MartynSinclair

I still remember Angela Rippon dancing on M & W, Life was never the same after that!

The banks all insist on social numbers mainly as it is a primary form of ID and Americans seem flumaxed if you say you dont have one. Saying that, if you try to open anything in the States, from a driving license to a credit card WITHOUT a social number it is possible as long as the operative knows how to bypass the system and use a date of birth instead.

TO be fair in my posting, I dont work in the US but I hold a social security card going back 20 – 30 years, when these were readily available. However, my wife doesnt and once explained that she cant get one, its never been a problem to get credit cards etc.

The main problem we have is with a driving license, but I may just start a new thread with that one as it certainly has nothihg to do with this thread.

Roll Angela Rippon again.