Reply To: BA miles – upgrading classes not allowed if company has paid?

Back to Forum

cityprofessional
Participant

Re: no miles for corporate bookings. I can’t comment for BA, but the bmi Friends and Family scheme may give a clue as to how things work… Basically we are given a special code to access cheap fares on bmi. They are not as cheap as publicly available “sale fares”, but they sometimes have better availability, so are worth considering every now and then. I think they are priced similar to our corporate route deals, but they earn little or no mileage (25% max)

So maybe BA is not wrong for limiting mileage earned from corporate tickets after all?

Remember some of these corporate discounts can be ludicrous. I do have one data point that a certain now-defunct bank used to pay c.£750 for a fully flexible return business class ticket LHR-JFK on a certain US airline (that was only about 5 years ago)

As for the Gold Card, basically the most senior peeps at my company get them as a matter of course, or so I’m told, regardless of whether/what they travel. Such are the perks of being a one of BA’s top 10 corporate customers…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls