Reply To: BA miles – upgrading classes not allowed if company has paid?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes BA miles – upgrading classes not allowed if company has paid? Reply To: BA miles – upgrading classes not allowed if company has paid?

Interesting thread.

On the same general theme (restrictions using corporate discounts);

A number of years ago the company for whom I worked received discounted corporate rates from British Airways. During a period of about a year (always flying Club Europe, Club World or FIRST) I earned 180,000 BA miles. I then received a letter from BA saying that during a routine Executive Club audit they discovered that since I was flying on discounted corporate tickets, I was not eligible for miles and they zapped my full account (but allowed me to retain my Gold Card status).

I understood the reasoning behind the decision but did not agree that absolutely no miles could be awarded (after all, I thought some mileage credit was due given the 10s of 000s of GBP that was still being spent with the airline). My grievance fell on deaf ears and I spent the next 2 years of working with that company flying a myriad of other airlines where I could earn mileage.

Now that I (my company) pay full whack for airline tickets, I earn full miles on BA (including class of travel and Gold Club bonuses).