Reply To: Is Star Alliance Silver the biggest joke in the industry?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Is Star Alliance Silver the biggest joke in the industry? Reply To: Is Star Alliance Silver the biggest joke in the industry?

statusman
Participant

Dear Fellow BTs,

I’m sure many of you understand the stress caused by frequent travel, yet Star Alliance seem to want to add insult to injury. As a OW gold and ST Silver, I receive Business class check-in, along with other benefits regardless of class of travel or airline.

Come on – to acheive FB Silver, I need to fly 15 segments on ST metal a year – the joy of indirect Delta flights in the states makes this an easy task. Yet, as a BMI Diamond Club member (who has recently reached Silver :-)), I am politely turned away from Business class check-in on a short-haul flight and directed to the 200-strong economy queue… I’m sorry, but which alliance does not provide at LEAST Business check-in to its mid-tier frequent flyers… Even FB Silver allows me the perk of Delta First Check-In… I find this an INSULT.

Star, although the largest alliance needs to take a rethink. Ruby OW and Silver ST provide real benefits besides ‘priotity on standby’… Come on, we are in a recession, do us all a favour and take a look at your priorities. This FQTV will certainly not be re-visiting Star in a hurry.