Reply To: Lufthansa Lounges at FRACreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Frequent flyer programmes Lufthansa Lounges at FRA Reply To: Lufthansa Lounges at FRA

RoadKing
Participant

Frankfurt Am Main is a terrible relic from the past. I could understand the mess for a temporary period of time, but this is persistent.

I have avoided FRA for a long time, unfortunately this Friday I had to travel through FRA or stay another night.
Coming from Italy, going forward to Scan means you have to leave the secure area, pass through immigration and security again. Stupid, considering that both countries are inside Schengen.

As if that was not enough, if you wanted to spend some time in the lounge, you have to go to gate B25 which is not in the same security zone as the Scan flights. Meaning double security and immigration, it is just plain stupid.

As I left the arrival gate (which of course was almost as far away in pier A as possible) I had 1 hour before boarding (scheduled that is) was meant to start for the ongoing flight. So, I had to consider, shall I take the chance I will walk myself to death and wait myself annoyed at the security? Or shall I pester at the gate, starving and not getting newspapers?

I did take the chance, which raise another issue, the signs at that crappy airport is beyond any sensibility. I don’t know where they found the guy who decided the sign policy, but he certainly were not a man of the world.

Security fortunately had no long lines and thank God, they had express lanes for *G, but what good is that, when the staff were more concerned about how to write the Christmas cards than checking the security (I speak German so I know what they were talking about).

Christmas cards aside, I have at times wondered if the staff at FRA get paid for delaying people from their planes.

If it wasn’t for the excellence of MUC, I would think German had no clue of creating and running airports. But knowing how MUC shines in comparision, it is even harder to fathom how it is possible that FRA can be as it is.

FRA? If you can, AVOID IT!