Reply To: Lufthansa Lounges at FRA

Back to Forum

starflyer
Participant

There was a time when airline lounges were supposed to be an oasis away from all the hassle in the terminal building. Not so anymore in Frankfurt airport. Last night’s visit to the LH Senator Lounge in the B area was beyond ridiculous. There was literally standing room only. It strikes me as very peculiar that Star Alliance founder Lufthansa keeps growing the alliance yet makes very little room for thus ever increasing Star Gold passengers. The current lounge in the B area is smaller than the Senator lounge before Star even got of the ground (in those days the staff were definitely nicer too). These days the LH Senator lounges have all the charm of a drab train station waiting room, only enhanced by outsourced rude wardens outside the door hassling passengers for their “gold” cards when it already clearly states *G on each and every boarding pass.

If Frankfurt should be a hub for international business passengers the lounge situation in Terminal 1 needs improve rapidly. I never thought I’d say this but changing in LHR Terminal 1 seems not such bad idea after all.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls