Reply To: All French borders closedCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security All French borders closed Reply To: All French borders closed

PatJordan
Participant

Mrs. J and I are just back from a (partly aborted) weekend in Paris. We returned to Hilton CDG @ 10PM Friday 13th, exhausted after a day in Disney Paris, to learn of the dreadful events in Paris City.

Shortly after midnight, we learned of the closing of borders, and fully expected our flight home (Saturday 14th) to be in jeopardy. TV news reports were increasingly worrying. Eventually, we drifted to sleep…….

and awoke to see a wonderful view from our hotel window: aircraft landing and departing from CDG.

With the prospect of a delayed flight, I asked about a late check out. No problem at all, I was given the room until 6pm, with the offer of even later if we needed it. And at no charge. Well done Hilton CDG.

I contacted Aer Lingus, who changed our flight home to an earlier one, again at no charge, given the circumstances.

Arriving at CDG T1 @ 11am was like a vision of hell. All passengers were funneled towards a single channel to departures, leading to delays of over an hour to clear passport control.

Our flight was slightly delayed, but remained on stand to facilitate the many pax delayed.

Never before were Mrs J & I so happy to get home from a trip away.

Aer Lingus did trojan work getting people back to Dublin, and the Hilton CDG were very decent too.

Whatever criticisms might be directed at the CDG staff, it cannot be forgotten that they performed their duty in the face of huge personal turmoil after the events of Friday 13th.

Unlike many others, we are safely home: for this I am very thankful.