Reply To: Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people?

Back to Forum

Bucksnet
Participant

TominScotland, I for one am certainly not xenophobic or racist; the point I’m trying to get across is about someone being a British national or a foreign national and the inability of being able to do full background checks on people who are not born here.

MartynSinclair, “Its easier for a foreign national to get work at airports becasue unlike a British national whose murder or rape conviction could be seen, a foreign national’s cant be seen as there is no way to check.” this is the point.

TominScotland, “a significant majority of those living within the Heathrow catchment area are second and third generation migrants and certainly legally entitled to work there.” yes they are and I’ve no problem with that; full background checks can and should be done.

MartynSinclair, “if you cant provide a criminal background check, there should be no offer of a job or career in what is essentially a secure and controlled environement.” spot on!

flyer27, the ex-BA worker in question was not a British citizen and his skin colour is most certainly not a problem.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls