Reply To: Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people?

Back to Forum

Sparepocket
Participant

May I point out, Silvertray, it isn’t actually difficult to ascertain a person’s “decent” (sic)…you merely have to look at their names and accents and intonations. Intelligence agencies the world over have reams of data based on those three characteristics, not to mention DNA samples from convicted terrorists/criminals.
I agree, terrorists do look “like you and me”(sic) which is why I am happy to be questioned in detail because it is people with my skin colour and of Asian descent (along with various Saudi Arabians, Qataris, and Kuwaitis)who are, of late, responsible for various acts of terrorism (London, Glasgow, Mumbai)and will continue to be responsible for various acts of terrorism.
I don’t have a problem being singled out because at least it shows that the security personnel are targeting the right ethnic group (but the wrong person, alas. I almost went to Sandhurst so I can’t possibly be traitorous).
The next time you’re at LHR I’m sure you’ll find lots of “homeland people” (did you mean ‘homeboys’ by any chance?) manning the metal detectors and the screening machines.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls