Reply To: Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people? Reply To: Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people?

silvertray
Participant

“On a recent flight to the US I couldn’t help but notice the thick irony of the bizarre situation in which an Asian Muslim of Pakistani descent was quizzing me and, later at the gate, I was singled out by another similar chap (this time of Bangladeshi descent) for a more detailed search. The irony emanating from the fact that these are precisely the sort of people Homeland Security and the US government agencies in charge of combating terrorism look out for and robustly question upon arrival in the US.”

What a racist comment.

How on earth would you have known their decent? Did you ask for it or did you just assume? For all you know they could have been born in the US.

I work for BA and we were asked in training…’What do terrorist look like?’ and the obvious answer is ‘like you or me’.

White, black, Asian whatever, anyone has the potential to be a terrorist. It seems your gripe was that you found it outrageous to be pulled over by a ‘brown person’ as they are the terrorists.

Get a grip. You will find that security often work long shift hours that could be argued many ‘homeland’ people simply wouldn’t want to do.