Reply To: Should airlines and airport security companies employ such people?

Back to Forum

Sparepocket
Participant

On my numerous trips to and around the US I have yet to see Security stations being manned by Asian or Arabic Muslims and let’s be honest, the US does have a significant Asian/Arabic Muslim population.
Rather than saying the US government/authorities is/are blatantly discriminating against these ethnicities/religions, I think we should just accept that it is being pro-active and preventing further catastrophes.
It would be very interesting to hear (from frequent travellers) about how Security stations at airports worldwide (excluding the MENA region, Iran, Pakistan, and Indonesia) are manned.
On a recent flight to the US I couldn’t help but notice the thick irony of the bizarre situation in which an Asian Muslim of Pakistani descent was quizzing me and, later at the gate, I was singled out by another similar chap (this time of Bangladeshi descent) for a more detailed search. The irony emanating from the fact that these are precisely the sort of people Homeland Security and the US government agencies in charge of combating terrorism look out for and robustly question upon arrival in the US.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls