Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far? Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?

Wildgoose
Participant

AsiaP-Well,yes, we do still have the problem of Basque separatists and IRA splinter groups but I don’t recall the last time they hijacked a vessel or flew it into a building.
Further east, we’ve got Islamic terrorists in the Philippines and southern Thailand and lets not forget the Naxalites/Maoists in India but their modus operandi is different from al-Qaeda’s.
The point I’m making about skin colour is that people of a certain hue will always be singled out in the US. Pigmentation is not an issue for you and it is not an issue for me (I’ve been mistaken for Iranian, Lebanese, Maori, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Pakistani…and, piece de resistance,as a heavily tanned Englishman!), I take most comments about it with a wry smile.However, to the INS agent at JFK it IS going to make a difference. A blonde Australian surfer type is unlikely to be asked too many questions whereas a swarthy chap in a suit with an odd name will certainly be asked more detailed questions, at the very least.
I’m not partisan in that I am not on anyone’s side in this instance (otherwise,though, I am on the side of the passenger who would be ripped off and/or misguided by spin and hypebole spewed out by certain airlines). I’m just calling it as I see it.