Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far? Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?

AsiaPacific
Participant

Thanks,,, can we now get back on topic…

I think one of the most frightening things in the last 48 hours is the comment about the passenger being asked by the FA on the EK004 incident to restrain the unruly guy… until the police arrived….
I reasonably regularly fly out of LHR in the evening to Asia and the number of times , pax get boozed up in the airport bar and then tumble onto the plane and cause havoc is far too many. I suggest ( recommend) that pax if necessary have to undergo a breathtest ( so if you don’t want it – don’t fly sir!) in order to enter the aircraft if there is any doubt at all… that may stop some of this continuous nonsense of drunken passengers getting onto a plane at least. Flight crew are pretty adept these days at restricting alcohol whilst on-board but getting onto the plane ‘tanked up’ is just no longer acceptable… Not sure what the limit would be … but lets say 0.1 as a starting point… maybe less.. any thoughts ?