Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?

Back to Forum

Senator
Participant

A few years back I was booked on a flight from DCA (Reagan Washington National) to Charlotte on US Airways in First. I “hate” window seats as I like to get up while flying even during shorter flights. I had pre-booked an aisle seat, and to my dismay it was “gone” when I checked in. The agent at check-in said: “Sorry Sir, window is all we have”. I wanted to know why my seat was not available, and the male agent was shut as a clam.

After security screening I went to the US Airways Club, and I asked the desk agent why my seat was taken. Her answer was simple: “due to government business Sir.” So I asked her: “There is an Air Marshall in my seat?” She would not confirm nor deny it.

So all of my flights I kept looking to see where he kept his primary weapon 🙂 Couldn’t spot it….

In either case, I would feel more secure with an armed Marshall onboard than without.

To put all of this in perspective, I was on a LX flight from ARN to ZRH in September. There were a total of 8 passengers in business including the Queen of Sweden + two Security Officers. The lead Officer handed over his back-pack to the Captain upon boarding, and it was locked away in the cabin until we stepped off in ZRH. So carrying arms is not only for the US…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls