Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far? Reply To: Air marshalls on all US carrier into USA… a step too far?

Senator
Participant

A few years back I was booked on a flight from DCA (Reagan Washington National) to Charlotte on US Airways in First. I “hate” window seats as I like to get up while flying even during shorter flights. I had pre-booked an aisle seat, and to my dismay it was “gone” when I checked in. The agent at check-in said: “Sorry Sir, window is all we have”. I wanted to know why my seat was not available, and the male agent was shut as a clam.

After security screening I went to the US Airways Club, and I asked the desk agent why my seat was taken. Her answer was simple: “due to government business Sir.” So I asked her: “There is an Air Marshall in my seat?” She would not confirm nor deny it.

So all of my flights I kept looking to see where he kept his primary weapon 🙂 Couldn’t spot it….

In either case, I would feel more secure with an armed Marshall onboard than without.

To put all of this in perspective, I was on a LX flight from ARN to ZRH in September. There were a total of 8 passengers in business including the Queen of Sweden + two Security Officers. The lead Officer handed over his back-pack to the Captain upon boarding, and it was locked away in the cabin until we stepped off in ZRH. So carrying arms is not only for the US…