Reply To: Scanners – useful mainly for causing delaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Security Scanners – useful mainly for causing delays Reply To: Scanners – useful mainly for causing delays

FlyingChinaman
Participant

I totally agree with you that the introduction of body scanners at Heathrow terminals will certain create more delays, frustrations and missed flights when the present routine security inspection system is already over-strained at peak hours. There is a very unpleasant feel to it and certainly NOT a nice travel experience!

I often get a distinct impression that the staffing ratio level does not correspond to the number of passengers served, unlike Hong Kong or Singapore or other Asian airports where security inspection is not a source of stress.

I have had the use of the “experimental” body scanners several times last year in San Francisco airport and the process took well over 5 minutes. each time. I volunteered for the “trial” simply for the amusement value and to get a first-hand knowledge since I had ample departure time. I found the whole operation such a farce!

Just imigine what effect it will have on the passengers with on tight schedule!

The advanced shoe scanning technique should be introduced to London airports so as to eliminate the removal of shoes and it will certainly speed up the inspection process. Any extra help we get is good.

All we are seeking here as frequent travellers is an effective anti-terrorist detection system at airports with the minimal hassles to the public.