Award-winning personal travel assistant App in the Air (AITA), the popular app for frequent fliers, has launched a range of tools to make air travel post-Covid simpler, including an easy to search country to country restrictions guide providing insight on airport requirements and policies, as well as government restrictions.
The app itself also provides further reassurance, with in-app first-hand accounts from users taking to the air.
According to AITA founder and CEO Bayram Annakov, knowing what to expect before leaving for the airport will make air travel better not only for frequent fliers but for the airlines, airports and destinations serving them.
“Predictability and preparation, from knowing what is needed ahead of the trip such as the necessity of a completed health declaration form, to understanding specific airline cancellation policies, will help fliers returning to the skies have better experiences,” said Annakov.
“Knowledge means choice. Our new tools will help app users understand the travel situation as it is and make real-time decisions based on their comfort levels.”
App in the Air is introducing the following new features to help fliers navigate air travel in the new normal, which will be complimentary for all app users:
Country-to-country travel restrictions page
The landing page – which is updated regularly in line with official updates – provides an easy to use country-to-country or airline specific search options, which provides users with the latest detailed information on the countries they are departing and arriving from, including government restrictions (quarantine, health declarations etc), airline rules (current cancellation and refund policies, as well as onboard requirements) and everything fliers need to travel safely.
On and off the ground intel
Those using the free version of the app will also receive first-hand information from other AITA users. This user-sourced information offers the insider intel that frequent flyers rely upon – from last minute lounge closures to knowing if a favourite shop is open, as well as reviews on airlines and airports, providing travellers with more reassurance on what to expect.
Helpful in-app reminders throughout the travel journey
Users also have the benefits of existing features that help people navigate the new airport norms: (highlighted where Premium features – Premium is £29.49 for a year with a 14-day free trial, or free to Medical workers):
- Realtime notifications Never be too early or too late with the app that keeps users informed on all stages of a flight – traffic getting to airport, security and passport estimates, gate changes, plane delays. What’s more, the app can notify users via text messages (SMS), which is particularly important when you’re abroad with no internet connection.
- Friends & Family Alerts Enables family and friends to receive real-time departure and arrival updates via text message (SMS)
- Automated online check-in Enables travellers to check-in and choose their favourite zone prior to the airline’s official check-in window
- History of Flights All users flights are stored in the app. They are displayed on a map along with detailed statistics, an #AvGeek dream
- Wallet Accumulate miles from a range of loyalty programmes in one convenient place (airlines, hotels, cars)
- Badges Collect badges from the various locations associated with flights taken across the globe
- Delay Compensation When a flight is delayed, users may receive compensation
The App can be downloaded for FREE here.
To celebrate the new features and the resumption of travel, App in the Air will also provide medical workers (NHS ID required) with a free lifetime premium subscription to the service (including real-time flight alerts, offline SMS access, family notifications and auto check-in). Medical workers can download the app and then verify their premium subscription here.
About App in the Air
Founded by entrepreneur Bayram Annakov and his team in 2012, App in the Air is a technology company for frequent flyers and the airlines and airports that serve them. To make travel seamless and enjoyable, App in the Air created the award-winning, all-in-one personal travel assistant application for frequent fliers, its eponymous App in the Air.
The app offers many essential functions from real-time flight updates to an AR luggage measurement tool, and its audience has grown from a small network of dedicated fliers to over five million active users with 20 million itineraries tracked per year.
App in the Air has earned esteemed accolades including one of Apple’s Best Apps of 2015, the leading travel app in the Samsung Galaxy Store and a favourite Apple Watch app of 2018.