In the busy lives of business travellers, there’s always a dearth of time to “getaway”. A luxurious road-trip is never a bad idea, especially when it’s in the all new Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Begin your trip in Delhi and drive on the six-lane Yamuna Expressway to Agra. Sit back and relax in the rear seat of this extravagant saloon, and shield yourself from direct sunshine thanks to the electrically operated roller sun-blinds. Your comfort is further elevated as you choose one of the six high-quality fragrances that are a part of the AIR BALANCE package. Ambience lighting in 64 colours, futuristic displays in HD resolution, select materials, generous sense of spaciousness of the car’s interior will transport you into an alternative world of luxury. Put down your phone and let it charge as you enjoy some shut eye; the wireless charging system in the rear requires no plug connectors. And before you know it, you’ve arrived at The Oberoi Amarvillas in Agra.
Check-in and enjoy the view of the Taj Mahal alongside some bubbly as you bid adieu to the day. Enjoy in-room breakfast next morning and get chauffeured to the Taj Mahal as you spend the afternoon admiring the monument of love. Depart from Agra in your Mercedes-Benz S-Class, this time with you in the driver’s seat. Experience another “Intelligent Drive”, as you cruise towards the desert landscapes of Rajasthan. Its multi-function steering wheel in Nappa leather features ergonomic Touch Control buttons which allow intuitive control, making driving this machine an ecstatic experience.
Your loved ones in the rear seat can enjoy greater climate control as the temperature and air distribution is individually set for the left and right sides. They can even enjoy films on Blu-ray or DVD, TV, internet, video games, music thanks to the Rear Seat Entertainment package. The system is conveniently operated using a remote control. It includes a Blu-ray player networked with COMAND Online and also has ports for connecting external devices. This long drive to Jaipur feels like a breeze as you integrate your smartphone via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Operate it using voice control and access the latest software and data.
Let your favourite songs play on the Burmester surround sound system with 13 speakers and a nine-channel DSP amplifier. Seamlessly, hours pass and you arrive at Jaipur’s Rambagh Palace, where Rajasthani hospitality and grandeur await your welcome. Indulge in a decadent Rajasthani meal, soak in the opulent surroundings of this grand property; perhaps even hit the spa and rejuvenate your senses with a relaxing ritual.
The next day, the comfortable cocoon of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class welcomes you again, as you make your way back to Delhi next morning. This long drive is made to feel like a breeze yet another time in the “best car in the world”. Safety has always been key for Mercedes-Benz; and the all new S-Class is no exception.
Long drives come with their set of dangers that are actively avoided with the car’s host of safety features. This includes Active Steering Assist that supports the driver with controlling the distance to the vehicle in front, up to a speed of 210 kmph. It also features Active Steering Assist that provides additional steering torque to help the driver keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane on straight stretches of road or slight bends. Driving on highways is always a task — especially with unexpected obstacles that can strike at anytime.
Its Active Braking Assist detects an accident risk, warning and assisting you with emergency braking. Five hours pass effortlessly as you arrive back in the capital. This luxurious drive comes to an end as you say goodbye to this adventure, but not to the all new Mercedes-Benz S-Class — your wheels of luxe that can transport you into a world of opulence as per your discretion.
Diesel engine of the Mercedes-Benz S350d
- L6 engine delivers an output of 210 kW (286 hp) power.
- Variable valve lift (CAMTRONIC) on the exhaust side.
- NANOSLIDE together with cylinder barrels as used by Mercedes-Benz in Formula 1.
- Ideal lubrication, reduced friction and very high wear resistance thanks to extremely hard cylinder contact faces with minuscule pores for oil absorption.
- Two-stage turbochargers for impressively sporty acceleration.
- Water-cooled turbocharger housing in combination with air/water charge air cooler for better performance and even more agile response.
Petrol engine of the Mercedes-Benz S450
- Refinement, driving pleasure and responsibility – embodied by the petrol engine with 270 kW (367 hp).
- Crankcase and cylinder head of aluminium, incorporating zirconium alloys to dissipate the heat more efficiently for maximum engine output and stability even at the limits.
- Sophisticated acoustic cladding for quieter operation.
- Impressive start-of with absolutely no turbo lag.
- Plastic engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Electric auxiliary compressor supplies even more charge pressure and therefore additional torque from just above idle speed.
- Cylinder barels lined in NANOSLIDE technology (iron/carbon) — ideal piston lubrication with reduced friction and wear thanks to extremely hard surfaces with minute pores for oil retention.