LHR T2: Opens 04 June 2014

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

JordanD
    Participant

According to reports from BBC London’s Tom Edwards (on Twitter) who’s at T2 today, LHR’s new T2 will open exactly a year on from today.

GrahamSmith

Heathrow held a press conference at Terminal 2 today. For more information, read our news story:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/heathrow-terminal-2-to-open-in-one-year

Graham

Shearer
    Participant

And T2 baggage facilities opens on 14th June 2014.

*Badum Tisch*

Is this thing on?

transtraxman
    Participant

I have found two pages on the LHR site about the opening of T2 which will answer the inevitable questions “who and when”.
    This first one indicates who and in which zone everybody will be situated(at the bottom of the page). I only question the presence of US Airways which should be passing to T3 when it becomes American Airlines.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about-us/company-news-and-information/improving-heathrow/heathrow%27s-new-terminal-2/who-will-be-operating

The second page is important since it indicates the transfer date of each airline.(This shows a lot of space will be freed up at T3 so I presume all BA flights in T1 will transfer to T3 though nothing has been said so far)

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/airline-moves

And just for reference this third is the page for airlines/terminals at the moment

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/which-terminal

JordanD
    Participant

Thanks for that transtraxman – appears that United (UA) have a two week window to have the terminal to itself before Air Canada, Air China and ANA join mid-June next year. Good to see LHR is taking a much more stepped approach to bringing flights across than was done at T5, leaving plenty of time to “step the systems up” and conduct snagging.

With regards BA’s move; I’d guess that there would be a refresh of some of the landside T3 facilities before they are moved in, which will be done probably in the same phases as airlines move out of T3.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Looks like Heathrow Airport plc are determined not to have a repeat of the T5 opening.

http://volunteers.heathrow.com/

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

We’ll see. I volunteered to take part in the T5 trials but long before it opened I was told I was not needed as all the systems had been tested and found to be functioning perfectly and therefore there was no need for further trials….

And we all know how right they got that.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

I can understand volunteering for user trials (which I’ll be doing) but I can’t understand why anyone would be a permanent volunteer for Heathrow Airport – it’s not like you could stand around plane spotting all day!

GreenScot
    Participant

I agree a step move is much better, as someone who also volunteered for T5 and was also told I wasn’t required and then experienced the problems a week after it open I wasn’t impressed. Much different experience now though.

Interesting I note that the page of airline moves only shows who is moving to T2. It doesn’t show what is happening to other non Star occupants of T1, ie. TAM, El Al and BA.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I think they are all headed for T3, BA certainly and as TAM is joining OW then that’s likely too. As LY are aligned to no one they will always be a misfit to I guess the answer is wherever their particular security requirements can be best met.

As for permanent volunteers at LHR, should these people not be employed as we are told it is such an important role? It seems very questionable to me. For the Olympics there was certainly a special role which was very well carried out across London but it’s hardly ongoing.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Looking at the structure from the T3 car park, it looks pretty impressive… September 2013..

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Anyone else booked to attend Trial 5 – Passenger Drop Off?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ tiggerbrown – 13/09/2013 13:46 GMT

Just signed up to the T2 trials and await with interest to see what I get invited to – assuming that they don’t reject my application on the grounds of being a white, middle-aged, middle-class male…

Ellwood
    Participant

tiggerbrown, I was very excited when they said the trials were now open but I will probably have to sneak out of the office to do this so I will try and hold off until there is something where there is more chance of going inside.
    I don’t have an airside pass so presume these chances will be minimal for me but hopefully we will see one called “Check-in and go to Lounge Trial”!
    Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls