Germanwings A320 crashes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

According to BBC, 142 passengers and 6 crew aboard, crashed in the French Alps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32030270

conshaldow
    Participant

I just had a look on flightradar24 however not allowing to bring up live position of the aircraft. I suspect the airline requested it be removed once reports were received of this. I hope everyone on board is safe and well.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Flying from Barcelona to Dusseldorf, reports on Sky and BBC say to expect no survivors.

🙁

Charles-P
    Participant

A spokesman for the DGAC aviation authority said the airplane crashed near the town of Barcelonnette about 100 km north of the French city of Nice. German media reports say there is a wide field of debris visible.

According to flight data from FlightAware 24, at 09.30 UTC (10.30 GMT) the aircraft was cruising at 38,000 feet at 532mph. It started losing altitude to 37,975 by 10.31am with the speed reportedly increasing to 548mph. At 10.41am, the last reported radar returns had the aircraft descending at 6,800 feet at 434mph.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Tragic. I believe it was 24 years old so wonder what happened?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Shocking and tragic news. My thoughts today are with those left behind.

canucklad
    Participant

Very sad, and like everybody else, my first thoughts with the families.

Would like to add that the authorities need to identify the reasons for this tragedy and importantly the Air Asia tragedy too. The similarities are a concern to someone like me who uses the 320 (older) reasonably regularly.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’d hadn’t thought about the Air Asia being a 320 so agree with Canucklad in hoping they find the cause quickly. I hope they can rule out terrorism even faster as that was my first thought.

KarlMarx
    Participant

I flew on an A320 yesterday evening.

There but for the grace of God and also thoughts with the families and friends affected by this tragedy.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My thoughts are with the families of the passengers and crew.

Very sad day for aviation …

MrMichael
    Participant

+1 Martyn

esselle
    Participant

I’ve just stepped off an A320 and am dismayed by this story.

It reads more human intervention than technical error, but let’s wait and see.

Greatest of sympathy to all those touched by this terrible tragedy.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Deepest sympathy to all those in mourning. Terrible news.

PatJordan
    Participant

Dreadful news, and deepest sympathy to all who have lost loved ones.

I learned of this tragedy whilst on my way to London City Airport this afternoon. Ironically today was my first time to fly out of LCY for many years. The last time was a fateful day in July 2000 when Concorde was lost. I’m not superstitious, but It’s a strange coincidence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls