EU261 claim handler

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

passionateflyer
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a company I can use to lodge an EU261 claim for a recent flight I took which was delayed by 24 hours? I am regrettably too busy to do all the chasing myself.

I have seen a few companies online but have no idea which I should choose. Does anyone have any experience using any of them?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I have received great service from these guys.

https://www.refund.me/en/

passionateflyer
    Participant

Thank you seasonedtraveller! I’ve just taken a look at their website and it says their commission is ‘from 15%’ so I have emailed them asking for clarity as to exactly how much commission they will charge. But I think I will go with your suggestion! Much appreciated.

openfly
    Participant

If it’s BA, do it on their website. It’s easy. They pay up in 6 weeks.

passionateflyer
    Participant

It’s for an Air China flight from Heathrow to Beijing.

basslines66
    Participant

dear Openfly,

I wish it was so easy for all BA claims. I have been trying to get EU261 compensation for a cancelled flight for 4 pax (me, wife, 2 girls) on BA 94 from Montreal to LHR to EDI on August 14th, when we arrived 36 hours late (!), after various different reasons were offered.

Despite being a gold cardholder, I have so far been sent from pillar to post to customer services to call centre, with each written response from the BA website taking around a month.

Their stance – which is to say that nothing is due at all, so tough luck – seems to weigh on whether the alleged “aircraft damage” (they claim this is ineligible, so the text message that I received 3 hours before scheduled flight was all I was entitled to) is so very different from “technical reasons” (which they must pay up for, after the recent Supreme Court Ruling against jet2 and Thomson).

Slightly exasperated by my experience and the obvious nonchalance of BA gold customer services, I have turned this over to refund.me at the helpful suggestion of SeasonedTraveller (thank you). I will let you know how I get on.

As I am worried that there may be a lot more instances of “aircraft damage” now that BA legal department think that this does not constitute a technical reason for delay or cancellation, I have booked my family trip to Florida this Christmas with another airline. After all, I would not like to be stranded in Tampa with no compensation when “snowflake damage to aircraft” causes my return to be delayed….

Good luck, the refund.me website seems pretty good.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I made an EU261 claim direct to BA after checking a via one of these free checking sights with a Claims Handler.

The result was it came back positive and I submitted the claim.

BA have now answered by saying the arrival time was 15 minutes inside the 3 hour delay, so my claim is declined.

Is it worth appealing or should I let it drop.

SimonS1
    Participant

Why not try one of the no success, no fee websites.

Bott & Co were on the radio the other week and sounded clued up.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks SimonS1 – Bott & Co were the original firm I checked with, but now they too have appeared to change their mind on the matter and have said no.

I will let the matter drop… 15 minutes is 15 minutes – BA have already given me a free flight over the delay for a separate matter (via avios) so there has been some recompense… (and the avios booking has already been made and saved me far more than the 250 Euros I would have received….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls