200 Tier Points in 2 days

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

MatthewCT
    Participant

Hi

Any suggestions on how to get 200 tier points in 1 or 2 days travel…..I can see silver in the distance but tight on a expiry date!

Thanks in advance

PhilipHart
    Participant

There was an earlier discussion on BT about getting the max TP for the minimum £, and Malta seemed to hit the sweet spot.

Return in Biz would get you 160 TP for the relative bargain basement price of ca£400. Check out BA’s Low Price Finder for details.

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Strangely I just booked an ABZ/LON/MLA biz class trip yesterday – that’s the 200TPs I need for Silver as well.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Here’s the thread with lots of useful info:

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/discussion/topic/Suggestions-need-a-handful-of-tier-points-to-reach-Gold?page=2

Malta currently can be had from £328 rtn in Club Europe, depending on dates, as you’ll see from PhilipHart’s helpful Low Fare Finder link, but as I’ve mentioned there is almost always a sale just after Easter so hold your horses on booking: you should be able to knock around £100 off that fare.

Start your Malta trip in somewhere like MAN, EDI or NCL (or pop up to Belfast and spend a day seeing the Titanic exhibition) and you’ll have your 200TPs in a jiffy, though best to find a BA shorthaul destination you can fly exLGW to avoid tricky airport switches.

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Yes, I’m having to do the LHR/LGW switch outbound and LGW/LCY inbound. Not ideal but this trip is serving a purpose!

slotski
    Participant

I flew to Malta yesterday in Club Europe…. A bargain £240 return, booked a few months ago. I must say the inflight service was excellent and the meal, the best BA flight I have ever had – I have always been underwhelmed with Club World food.

peter19
    Participant

@Speebird_ABZ its the dilemma heading out of ABZ whether or not to head to LHR and just take the transfer or head out of EDI or glasvegas and opt for the drive . What transport are you doing for your transfer in london?

Its a shame BA don’t just put on a LGW route from ABZ it would save me lots of hassle. 🙂

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I suppose I’ll do National Express LHR/LGW, but haven’t looked into the LGW/LCY transfer yet. Any advice? Train to somewhere to connect to DLR? Plenty time to do any method I suppose. I’d still rather do this than drive to EDI or GLA!

Hello Speedbird

Train to London Bridge, Jubilee line and DLR. Not as bad as it sounds!

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Thanks Alexpo1. Hmmm, doesn’t sound too easy right enough. I’m sure it’ll be ok though!

travelworld2
    Participant

An alternative (at least at the moment) is to spend £400 (of which half is a one-off joining fee) on Qantas Club membership which gives you access to Oneworld, Qantas and Emirates (I think) lounges worldwide. Saves having to rush round Europe to grab extra tier points to get BA silver- and on renewal it’s a £211 per annum GBP.

SimonS1
    Participant

Qantas Club seems to be of little use if you are travelling on BA or most other OneWorld carriers. It certainly doesn’t appear to be a substitute for BAEC Silver.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/qantas-club-benefits/global/en#in-the-lounge

travelworld2
    Participant

Simon S1- it gives you access to all Oneworld lounges when flying on a OneWorld carrier, including BA at LHR T5.

travelworld2
    Participant

Apologies, apologies. It does no longer, according to the Oneworld website. Qantas kept quiet about that- it may be as a result of the tieup with Emirates. It USED to be a way to get the equivalent of BA Silver status for £200 a yea- but plainly no more..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls