The British Airways London City to New York service is often described as the ultimate private jet experience.
With just 32 seats on board the all-business class Airbus A318 aircraft, it is still one of the most unique services ever to be introduced during the airline’s 100-year history.
Business Traveller has teamed up with British Airways to celebrate a decade of linking two of the world’s biggest financial centres, by offering two seats on the Club World London City service.
The aircraft, which normally provides seating for up to 100 customers, has a very exclusive feel to it, with seats that convert into six-foot fully flat beds and an on-board service specially tuned for the business traveller. In addition it has the most prestigious flight number, BA001, which was formerly used by Concorde.
British Airways was the first airline in the world to take delivery of the specially modified aircraft with ‘steep approach’ capability, enabling it to land and take off at steeper than usual gradients like those at London City.
The outbound flight makes a fuel stop in Shannon, in the West of Ireland, where customers clear US customs and immigration. This means they arrive in New York as domestic passengers and can speed through arrivals at JFK Airport.
Customers on this service were also the first to be able to send emails, texts and use the internet via an in-flight mobile communications service, provided by OnAir. The service is available from about ten minutes into the flight.
On departure from London City Airport customers can relax and enjoy a complimentary meal with champagne in Pilots restaurant, where an area is reserved for them, and at JFK they can enjoy brasserie-style pre-flight dining in the new British Airways Club Lounge in Terminal 7.
Simply click on the “Enter competition” button below to be in with a chance of winning this great prize (if you are not logged in or do not have an account with us, you will need to follow the links below to log in, and then return to this page before entering). Please check the terms and conditions before entering.
Please login or register to enter this competition.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries close at 2359 GMT on September 30, 2019.
- This promotional travel award is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the UK aged 18 years or over who is not an employee, agent or director of British Airways Plc (“BA”) or its subcontractors or travel agents. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants.
- The prize consists of one pair of return British Airways flights from London City to New York JFK.
- Where mainline services operated by BA, as set out in clause 6, are not available departing from London City, we reserve the right to offer alternative Club World flights from either London Gatwick or London Heathrow airports as deemed appropriate by BA.
- Promotional travel must be booked by 1 June, 2020. Reservation changes are not permitted after booking has been made. On all e-ticketable routes we will email an e-ticket itinerary to you.
- Outbound and return promotional travel must be completed by 1 August, 2020.
- Promotional travel is on mainline services operated by BA but not on flights operated wholly or partly by its franchisees, code share partners or oneworld Alliance members. Promotional travel must start and finish from London.
- We will do our very best to accommodate you on the dates you have selected but reserve the right to offer alternate dates.
- Promotional travel must be booked by emailing the completed booking form and signed Terms and Conditions to email@example.com.
- Promotional travel is subject to availability and capacity control and in the following periods no promotional travel will be allowed: Peak travel times e.g. school holidays, public holidays.
- Promotional travel is not refundable once booked and cannot be changed, upgraded, or transferred to any other passenger. No cash or credit alternatives are available.
- Prize flights cannot be used in conjunction with any BA Miles programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s), voucher(s), promotion(s), or special offer(s) by BA or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards or certificates.
- All travel on BA flights is subject to BA’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (copies available on request) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
- Eligible Participants must be in possession of a valid passport and visa, and, where necessary, must have necessary vaccinations and inoculations together with documentation proving this. They must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of the promotional travel.
- Tickets for promotional travel are valid for the Eligible Participant accompanied by one travelling companion. These terms and conditions apply to both the Eligible Participant and the travelling companion.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets or vouchers issued free or at promotional prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- This promotion will be governed by English law and the English courts have jurisdiction to hear any disputes in relation to it.
- The promoter of this promotion is British Airways Plc (“BA”), Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth UB7 0GB. Registered Number 1777777.
- On acceptance of this prize, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.