Skyteam Elite Plus, First and Business Class customers flying from Sydney will enjoy a warm welcome, enhanced amenities and a more sustainable experience in Skyteam’s dedicated lounge which reopens this week. Fully refurbished while international travel was suspended, the lounge has been redesigned from the floor up to offer a brand-new space in the same place.
With floor-to-ceiling windows offering views across the runway and an abundance of plants bringing the outside in, the fresh, airy space is lighter and brighter. The lounge offers 149 chairs and ottomans for customers to sit back and put their feet up, which have been reupholstered using Greenguard certified upholstery to reduce landfill waste. Restful blue hues combined with natural wooden tones combine to make the new lounge a perfect place to relax and unwind, while a business area is on hand for those needing to catch up.
Skyteam’s Sydney Lounge was redesigned with greater sustainability in mind, efforts include:
- Eliminating single-use items such as plastic straws and stirrers
- Water-saving cisterns and shower heads in showers and bathrooms
- Movement sensor smart technology to save energy and reduce emissions
- Participating in the airport’s waste recycling program
- Using locally and sustainably sourced produce to reduce food miles with procurement management procedures in place to minimise food waste
- Floor-to-ceiling windows to offer an abundance of natural light
Skyteam’s Sydney Lounge is located airside near Gate 24 at Pier B in the International Terminal. The lounge is open from two hours prior to the first flight until the final departure of the day for eligible customers flying on China Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Air.