British Airways’ subsidiary BA Cityflyer has resumed service to three more destinations from London City airport.
Flights to Amsterdam and Zurich resumed on September 5, initially both operating 11 times per week, while service to Dublin resumes today (September 6), initially with ten weekly flights.
In addition the carrier said it is increasing weekly frequencies from LCY to Berlin, Belfast, Düsseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt and Glasgow.
BA has confirmed to Business Traveller the following increases:
- Berlin: moving from one to eight flights per week
- Dusseldorf: moving from two to ten flights per week
- Frankfurt: moving from two to 11 flights per week
- Belfast: moving from 13 to 17 flights per week
- Edinburgh: moving from 11 to 17 flights per week
- Glasgow: moving from nine to 15 flights per week
This summer BA Cityflyer has also been operating two new routes from London City, to Gibraltar and Jersey.
The carrier has also been using spare weekend capacity (London City airport restricts weekend movements) to offer flights from Southampton to several European destinations this summer.