Wyndham Hotels and Resorts has announced plans to expand its footprint across Pakistan, with the opening of seven new properties.
The group currently has five hotels operating in the country, but plans to increase this by adding six new Ramada by Wyndham properties, and a Howard Johnson by Wyndham hotel.
The new signings include Howard Johnson by Wyndham Islamabad Blue Area, which is scheduled to open in 2024 and which will feature 70 rooms, a fitness centre, all-day diner and lobby bar. The development will mark the debut of the Howard Johnson brand in Pakistan.
The six forthcoming Ramada by Wyndham properties are as follows:
- Ramada by Wyndham Murree Lower Topa Resort – Located in Lower Topa close to the mountain resort town of Murree, the hotel will offer 138 rooms as well as indoor and outdoor pools, and is expected to open by the end of 2022
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Islamabad Bahria Town – Part of a new hospitality and residential development situated at the entrance of Bahria Town estate on the main GT Road, the property will offer 175 hotel rooms and 125 residential apartments, and is scheduled to open in 2024
- Ramada by Wyndham Rawalpindi Bahria Springs North – Located in Bahria Intellectual village, the property will feature 87 hotel apartments and 115 residential apartments, and is expected to open in 2025
- Ramada by Wyndham Rawalpindi Ayub Park – Situated close to Ayub National Park and Rawalpindi Golf Club, the existing building is expected to open as a Ramada by Wyndham in 2024 after an extensive renovation project
- Ramada Hotel and Suites by Wyndham Lahore Cooper Road – The new-build hotel is scheduled to open in 2023, and will feature 316 rooms, a sky atrium, rooftop pool, spa, fitness centre, all-day dining and speciality restaurants, a lobby café, business centre, ballroom and two boardrooms
- Ramada by Wyndham Hyderabad Qasimabad – The 120-room hotel is expected to open in 2025, and will offer an all-day dining restaurant, lobby cafe and a speciality restaurant, as well as a swimming pool, gym spa, business centre, ballroom and two board rooms.
Commenting on the news Panos Loupasis, vice president development, Middle East, Eurasia and Africa, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, said:
“As the fifth most populous country in the world with a predominant domestic and leisure travel market, Pakistan’s immense tourism potential is clear. These seven new signings represent a significant milestone in our continued growth objectives to cater to the Pakistani hotel market.
“With recent government initiatives making it easier for people to visit the country, and widespread investment in Pakistan’s burgeoning tourism industry as part of the National Tourism Strategy, we want to bring new traveller segments into the country, and support Pakistan in its ambitious plans as we seek to further expand our presence in this strategically important market.”
The news follows the Wyndham’s recent signing of a partnership with Smy Hotels to develop 20 new properties across Spain, Portugal and Italy over the next ten years.