Novotel has unveiled four new design concepts which it says will shift it “from a standardized brand to a hospitality leader in the midscale hotel space”.
The Accor brand – which recently opened its first property in Cambridge – has chosen designs from four companies following “an intense worldwide design pitch”, which it says will “bring the brand’s new vision of modern, 21st century style to the world”.
It said that the “distinct concepts “ will provide flexibility to its owning and franchisee partners, allowing each to choose and customise an ideal style that best suits the unique character of the destination”.
The four winning firms and their concepts are described as follows:
- RF Studio: adaptable, sustainable, easy to renovate, this concept delivers a homey feeling and unexpected atmosphere; guests are encouraged to discover a new way of hotel living and feel like they are at the heart of a village.
- Metro: modelled around Novotel’s of ‘Time is on your side’, this modern design concept features natural tones and raw materials, inviting guests to enjoy a multifunctional and flexible space that evolves throughout the day.
- Sundukovy Sisters: This concept blends business with pleasure and mixes well-being among unique ‘co-living’ spaces that embrace lively, social surroundings, current trends and timeless comforts.
- Hypothesis: With a focus on reducing not only physical waste, but also reducing wasted space and time, this design concept allows guests to achieve the balance they seek during their stay.
Accor said that “During the new design strategy’s global call to action, design teams were invited to submit concepts that included a lively social hub that would appeal to locals as well as guests; and a modern, intuitive and ageless design that incorporates high-quality, sustainable materials”.
The group added that the chosen design partners “exhibit a strong vision on the evolution of societal behaviour and recent consumer trends across Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia”.
The new design concepts will debut at several properties “over the next several years”, including:
Sundukovy Sisters design
- Novotel Moscow Comcity
- Novotel Victoria Island Lagos
- Novotel Mexico City Insurgentes WTC
- Novotel St Petersburg Airport
- Novotel BH Savassi
- Novotel Kinshasa
- Novotel Vladivostok
- Novotel Criciúma
- Novotel Lviv Centre
RF Studio design
- Novotel Canela
Commenting on the news said Nadège Keryhuel, vice president, Novotel brand, said:
“Novotel has embraced a new vision in terms of hotel design. We are excited to work with four outstanding design teams, who will help us creatively transform our hotels through a set of distinct visions of modern, premium hospitality.
“Our goal is to achieve a signature hotel experience, without standardization, from check-in to check-out – a major evolution for the brand and a leading approach in the midscale segment.”
“At Novotel, we are always looking to innovate and to find new ways to enhance the guest experience, so we’re delighted to enter a new era of our design strategy and look forward to seeing it come to life in our locations around the world.”