Dubai’s Supreme committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has announced new guidelines for hosting events and activities in the region.
As per the new updates, “live entertainment and activities are allowed to be held in restaurants, cafes and shopping malls for a trial period of one month (extendable) starting May 17, on the condition that the latest precautionary measures are observed and performers and entertainers have taken the Covid-19 vaccine”. Measures include:
- Mandatory to wear face masks and observe physical distancing of two metres.
- Wedding events allowed to operate with the maximum attendance capped at 100 for wedding venues/hotels.
- All attendees and staff should have received the Covid-19 vaccination.
- Attendance at wedding events at homes is capped at 30.
- Sports events allowed; spectators can attend provided all attendees, participants, and staff have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Maximum attendees for indoor events capped at 1,500, whereas for outdoor events is 2,500.
- Permits to be given for concerts, social and institutional events on the condition that attendees, participants, and staff have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The maximum number of people allowed to sit at a single table at restaurants has been increased to ten.