Apple’s Spring Loaded event that was held virtually on April 20, 2021 had some major product announcements.
Here’s what was announced:
- New iMac in seven colours including blue, green, pink and silver
- Only 11.5mm thin that’s made possible because of its Apple M1 Chip
- A power connector that attaches via magnets
- Immersive 60.96-centimetre (24‑inch) 4.5K Retina display and True Tone technology
- Six-speaker audio system
- A new 12.9-inch iPad Pro charged with the Apple M1 Chip
- 8‑core CPU of M1 delivers up to 50 per cent faster performance
- Liquid Retina display and Pro Display XDR
- Display technologies like P3 wide colour, True Tone and ProMotion
- Ultra Wide camera (10mp) and Wide camera (12mp) with Centre Stage
iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini
- A refreshing purple colour
- A14 Bionic chip
- Ceramic Shield with four times better drop performance
- An edge-to-edge OLED display
AirTag is a way to keep track of your stuff. Attach these to your objects and they’re on your radar in the Find My app, where you can also track down your Apple devices and keep up with friends and family.
How does it work?
AirTag sends out a secure Bluetooth signal that can be detected by nearby devices in the Find My network. These devices send the location of your AirTag to iCloud — then you can go to the Find My app and see it on a map. The whole process is anonymous and encrypted to protect your privacy.
Apple TV 4K
- A new Apple TV Remote for precise control
- A12 Bionic Chip for higher performance