American Express has released the American Express Travel: Global Travel Trends Report1, providing unique insight into consumer sentiment towards travel.
Indians rank “most interested” in future travel with 84 per cent respondents daydreaming about travel at least once a week.
The report was compiled following a survey in seven countries across the globe (United States, Australia, India, Canada, Mexico, Japan and the United Kingdom).
Top insights from the report include:
- The top motivation for Indians for traveling this year is to go somewhere new (38 per cent respondents)
- Indians also rank highest (87 per cent), in wanting to be digital nomads – meaning someone who lives and works while traveling the globe
- Majority of respondents in India are planning for one big international trip (69 per cent) while Japan (71 per cent) UK (70 per cent) and Australia (66 per cent) are planning for multiple, smaller domestic trips
- 91 per cent respondents in India are interested in choosing a trip or experience that supports the local community, ranking higher than their global counterparts
- Preferences for luxury travel entails high cleanliness standards (81 per cent), Privacy (79 per cent), unique culinary and gastronomy options (80 per cent), personalised experience (82 per cent), spa and wellness amenities (77 per cent)
“Our latest global trends report shows that there is a pent-up demand for travel among consumers, with many people longing for and beginning to plan future trips,” said Audrey Hendley, president of American Express Travel.
“In addition, the pandemic environment is giving rise to emerging trends, such as the increasing appeal of working from anywhere while traveling globally, luxury being defined as more personalised experiences, cleanliness and privacy as the ultimate luxury amenities, as well as a growing interest in the environmental and social purpose of their trips and travel companies.”
View the entire report here.