Virgin Atlantic has launched its new spring menu, which sees the return of welcome drinks and hand plated main meals in Upper Class.
Following the onset of Covid-19, the carrier launched a new inflight service in September last year, with meals being served in ‘Fly safe, eat well’ boxes.
The latest changes see the return of welcome drinks upon boarding in Upper Class, as well as a choice of three individually plated hot meals, accompanied by a salad and choice of three desserts including cheese and biscuits.
On day flights Upper Class customers can opt for a second meal service of either the signature Eric Lanlard Mile High Tea, a deli dish of a “lighter option”, while on night flights there is a choice of three hot breakfasts as well as side dishes including fresh fruit, muesli and pastries.
In Premium (the carrier’s premium economy cabin) customers will now receive “a bespoke meal service including a choice of three hot meals, cheese and biscuits and a dessert, all served on a tray”.
On day flights the second meal service in Premium is the Eric Lanlard Mile High Tea, and on night flights customers receive a breakfast including a warm pastry, fruit and yoghurt.
Finally in economy passengers can choose from two hot meals served in ‘Fly safe, eat well’ boxes, as well as a second meal service of the high tea or breakfast depending on the time of flight.
Full details of the meal choices in Upper Class are listed below.
Commenting on the news Corneel Koster, chief customer and Operating Officer at Virgin Atlantic commented:
“We know our customers are missing that magical feeling you get when you step onboard an aircraft, ready to start your travels. Whilst customers may not be able to travel right now, we’re bringing back those little touches, including welcome drinks, hand plated food and more choice of meals, so that first flight after lockdown feels even more special.
“All these additions have been made whilst continuing to uphold some of the most comprehensive health and safety measures in the industry. We were delighted to be awarded Diamond Status by APEX Health Safety powered by SimpliFlying, for our efforts in ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitisation.
“Making sure everyone flies safe and well is a non-negotiable and has been an absolute priority for us since the start of the pandemic. Our commitment is underpinned by robust cleaning measures both in the air and on the ground, our innovative customer experience, the introduction of Covid-19 insurance and the fact that we test our crews before every departure from the UK and our ground teams at least once a week.”
New Upper Class menu
MAIN MEAL SERVICE
- Mozzarella and tomato salad with micro basil and cress (v)
- Ciabatta roll with butter
- Roasted chicken breast, potato purée, sautéed spinach, girolles mushrooms, Bourguignon sauce
- Artichoke tortellini (v) with wilted spinach, grilled artichokes and sage butter sauce
- Roasted salmon fillet, lemon and spring onion giant couscous, grilled baby courgettes and chervil sauce
- Coconut lemon tartlet
- Seasonal fresh fruit
- Cheddar, Brie, and Stilton with crackers
SECOND MEAL SERVICE
Eric Lanlard Mile High Tea
- West country cheddar and carrot chutney on malted roll and Mediterranean falafel wrap
- Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Raspberry glazed éclair, salted caramel vanilla tart and cherry macaron
- Chicken terrine, spiced cauliflower and braised pineapple
- Chocolate gateau
- Asian-style glass noodle salad, seaweed and charred pineapple
- Fresh fruit salad
- Full breakfast including chicken sausage, turkey rashers, scrambled eggs, baked beans, herb potatoes, roasted tomato and mushrooms
- Vegetarian cooked Breakfast including cheddar cheese omelette, mushroom, hash brown and vine roasted cherry tomatoes
- Mini apple pancakes with creme anglaise and apple cinnamon compote