Marriott International expects to add 19 resorts to its all-inclusive portfolio, expanding its presence to the Caribbean islands of Antigua and St Lucia.
The hotel group has signed a long-term agreement with Sunwing Travel Group’s hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts, which has properties throughout the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico.
The agreement aims to place Marriott into the list of the top ten global all-inclusive players by adding 19 franchised resorts, with nearly 7,000 rooms, across six destinations. This will more than double the company’s presence in the all-inclusive segment to 33 properties by 2025.
The majority of the properties are set to be converted into Marriott’s Autograph Collection by mid 2021.
Marriott launched its multi-brand all-inclusive portfolio platform in 2019 and currently has nine hotels open across Costa Rica, Barbados and Mexico, with another five in the pipeline in Mexico, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Brazil – the 19 resorts will be in addition to this.
Members of the Marriott Bonvoy programme will have the option to earn and redeem points at these properties.
Tony Capuano, Group President, Global Development, Design and Operations Services at Marriott International, commented:
“We are thrilled to work with Sunwing Travel Group and expand into two new leisure destinations – St Lucia and Antigua.
“Blue Diamond’s expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio. Today’s signing is a testament to Marriott International’s scale and loyalty platform, and we look forward to providing travellers seeking an all-inclusive experience with more choices in the Caribbean and Latin America.”
Stephen Hunter, CEO of Sunwing Travel Group, added:
“We are excited to enter into this agreement with Marriott International, and introduce Blue Diamond Resorts’ portfolio of hotels to their Autograph Collection brand.
“Our luxurious, award-winning hotels will benefit from Marriott’s world-renowned reputation and esteemed travel program, all while bolstering our mission to bring unparalleled vacation experiences to customers.”
The following resorts are expected to convert to the Autograph Collection:
- 840-room Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa
- 343-room Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
- 566-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
- 332-room Planet Hollywood Adults Scene Cancun
- 457-room Royalton Chic Suites Cancun Resort and Spa
- 730-room Royalton Bavaro Resort and Spa
- 320-room Royalton Chic Punta Cana Resort and Spa
- 525-room Royalton Splash Punta Cana Resort and Spa
- 317-room Royalton Punta Cana Resort and Casino
- 168-room Hideaway at Royalton Punta Cana
- 352-room Royalton White Sands Montego Bay
- 228-room Royalton Blue Waters Montego Bay
- 140-room Hideaway at Royalton Negril
- 407-room Royalton Negril Resort and Spa
- 290-room Royalton Saint Lucia Resort and Spa
- 166-room Hideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia
- 294-room Royalton Antigua Resort and Spa
- 294-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
Meanwhile, Marriott recently brought its Autograph Collection to Singapore with the opening of Duxton Reserve Singapore, a rebranding of the former Six Senses Duxton property.