Japan has announced new travel restrictions for international flyers.
As per an official release by Embassy of India, Tokyo, following rules have been put in place on the restriction of entry into Japan.
For entry of Indians into Japan
- The Embassy/Consulates of Japan in India will not issue any new visas with immediate effect.
- Travellers with a valid visa who has plans to travel to Japan can do so until January 3, 2021.
- On and after January 4, 2021, entry into Japan will not be allowed for even those who already have visas.
- Travellers who have returned from Japan temporarily and hold re-entry permits can travel back to Japan as of now.
- For emergency or exceptional cases, guidelines will follow in due course of time.
- Travellers will need an RT-PCR negative report before boarding. Another RT-PCR test will be conducted after landing in Japan.
- Fourteen days of self-quarantine is mandatory and is to be strictly followed.
For return or departure from Japan
- All measures (flight landing/quarantine/PCR) as laid down by the Government of India will apply.
- Travellers who wish to travel back to India from Japan temporarily must take a re-entry permit.
- Availability of flights will depend on the airlines and landing permission.