Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo has acquired the “Safeguard Label” issued by Bureau Veritas, a leading provider in testing, inspection, and certification. The property received the label “as a hotel facility that meets the world’s health and safety standard” on November 17, 2020.
About Safeguard Label
A new verification service ‘Restart your Business with BV’ was established by Bureau Veritas in April 2020. The label is granted after document review, on-site inspections, and the examination of other measures used to prevent infection and compliance with safety and hygiene standards at all facilities.
Safety measures adopted by the hotel include:
- Hand sanitisers available at locations around the hotel, entrances, lobby area, restaurants and bars, and restrooms. Frequent sanitisation of doors and doorknobs of guest rooms and ballrooms, restroom doors, escalator handrails, and other facilities. The antiviral and antibacterial coating is applied to elevator buttons.
- Plastic shields are installed at reception desks and cashiers to prevent droplet infection. And the staff maintains high-levels of safety.
- The number of people in elevators is limited to secure social distancing.
- Temperature checks and fill in health check surveys are conducted during check-in. A “Clean Stay” sticker seal is placed to indicate to guests that the room has been cleaned and sanitised.
- In restaurants, there is no entry for guests who have a fever above 37.5 degrees Celsius. Seating capacity reduced to maintain space. Seating capacity is also reduced in meeting spaces to ensure social distancing.
“Our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our guests and employees. We implement proactive measures to prevent the spread of infection Covid-19 with a view to ‘new normal’ practices based on government guidelines,” the hotel said in an official release.
In other news, Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo will celebrate its 50th anniversary of operations on June 5, 2021, with special sales and other various commemorative events scheduled to be conducted between January 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022. New corporate logos and slogans have been created to celebrate the milestone.
The new logo depicts a smiling face against the backdrop of silhouettes representing the hotel’s two towers (Main Tower and South Tower).
“The new slogan “Your Smile, Our Pride” was chosen to reflect our desire to positively embrace a new era amidst the dramatic changes in society, and our hotel staff efforts to welcome guests with endless smiles,” said the hotel.