After nearly seven months of closure due to the pandemic, cinema halls will reopen in several parts of India, starting from today.
Theatres and multiplexes in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Haryana will resume operations. However, services will remain shut in states like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Chhattisgarh.
According to the guidelines mentioned by the Union Government under Unlock 5, cinema halls are allowed to operate with 50 per cent seating capacity.
Few important guidelines to follow for exhibition of films:
- Maintaining physical distance; and provisions for hand hygiene and thermal screening is a must.
- Show timings will be staggered and a sufficient number of counters at the box office should be opened.
- The audience is encouraged to avoid any movement during intermission.
- Proper queue management at the box office using floor markings.
- No food/beverage allowed inside the auditorium and the audience should follow the respiratory etiquette.
- Wearing of face covers/masks is mandatory and a contact number will be taken to facilitate contract tracing.
- Public service announcements on Covid appropriate behaviour shall be made and any stigmatisation or unruly behaviour shall be dealt with strictly.