India has inked air bubble agreements with Kenya, Bhutan and Oman.
Following this, India now shares bilateral travel arrangements with 16 countries including Afghanistan, Bahrain, Canada, France, Germany, Iraq, Japan, Maldives, Nigeria, Qatar, UAE, UK and US.
Categories of passengers eligible to fly under the new air bubbles include:
From India to Bhutan:
- Nationals/residents of Bhutan and foreign nationals holding valid visa from Bhutan.
- Any Indian national.
From Bhutan to India:
- Indian nationals.
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding passports of Bhutan.
- Bhutanese nationals/residents (including diplomats) and foreigners (including diplomats) holding a valid visa issued by an Indian Mission in any category covered under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines.
From India to Kenya:
- Nationals/residents of any country in Africa.
- Any Indian national holding any type of valid visa from Kenya and destined for any country in Africa.
From Kenya to India:
- Indian nationals stranded in any country in Africa.
- All OCI cardholders holding passports of Kenya.
- OCI cardholders holding passports issued by any country in Africa who are eligible to enter India as per MHA guidelines.
- Nationals of Africa (including diplomats) holding a valid visa issued by an Indian Mission in any category covered under MHA guidelines.
From India to Oman:
- Nationals/residents of Oman.
- Any Indian national holding valid residency permit of Oman and destined for Oman only.
From Oman to India:
- Indian nationals stranded in Oman.
- All OCI cardholders holding passports of Oman.
- Nationals of Oman (including diplomats) holding a valid visa issued by an Indian Mission in any category covered under MHA guidelines.
Civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri said in a tweet, “Reaching out to stranded Indians. In order to further boost bilateral international air connectivity, air bubble arrangements are now in place with Kenya and Bhutan. Indian carriers will be able to operate to these countries. Carriers of these countries will be able to fly to India.”
Announcing the travel arrangement with Oman, Puri tweeted: