***Update: Qantas’ care packages are currently out of stock “due to popular demand”**
Qantas is now selling its excess stock of premium-class pyjamas, amenity kits and snacks.
With all international flights and the majority of domestic flights currently halted as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the airline says it has an oversupply of items such as its business class pyjamas, amenity kits, as well as Tim Tams and snacks that would normally be offered to passengers travelling in premium cabins.
These premium-class goods have been put together in a “care package” that can be sent anonymously to a friend, family member, or as a “treat yourself” gift, the Australian carrier said in statement posted on its website.
The airline says anyone can send up to 10 packs anywhere in Australia for $25 per pack or 4,350 Qantas Points, including delivery. They can be purchased here.
Each care pack includes:
- 1 Qantas Business Class sleeper suit L/XL (suitable for most shapes and sizes, according to Qantas)
- 1 Qantas Curates Business Class amenity kit featuring ASPAR Travel Essentials (Sweet Orange and Shea Hand Cream, Ultra Hydrating Face Moisturiser and Sweet Orange Lip Balm)
- 12 individually wrapped Tim Tams
- 200gram pack of smoked almonds (served in Qantas First Class)
- Packet of 10 T2 Lemongrass and Ginger tea bags