The first property under UrCove, Hyatt’s new hotel brand in China, is now open for reservations.
UrCove, created under the joint venture of Hyatt and Chinese hospitality group BTG Homeinns Hotels Group, is expected to open in October this year.
Hyatt says the brand, which will be largely based in China, will provide members of its loyalty programme World of Hyatt more unique stay options to choose from and more opportunities to earn and redeem points on hotel stays.
The first UrCove hotel, UrCove Shanghai Jing’an, is located in the Jing’an Temple shopping and business area in Shanghai and is currently accepting guest reservations via Hyatt channels as well as Homeinns channels.
“The UrCove brand is specifically designed to meet Chinese travellers’ preferences and growing expectations for a seamless, comfortable and efficient travel experience in the upper-midscale market,” reads a statement from Hyatt.
UrCove hotels will welcome “Road Warriors” comprised of “aspiring and frequent business travelers seeking a cozy sanctuary to recharge while on the road”.
Members booking through Hyatt channels can earn and redeem points through World of Hyatt while guests booking through Homeinns channels can participate in BTG Homeinns Club, Homeinns Hotels Group’s loyalty program, says the company.
“Hyatt continues to strategically expand its brand presence in China, a rapid growth market that remains a priority for Hyatt,” said Stephen Ho, president of growth and operations, Asia Pacific, Hyatt.
“Together with BTG Homeinns Hotels Group, the UrCove brand strengthens Hyatt’s representation in the underserved upper-midscale segment, making the brand much more accessible for Chinese middle-class travelers. The customer base is large, attractive, and growing, and we are excited to continue enriching World of Hyatt members’ experiences with more unique stay options, now including the UrCove brand,” he added.
Hyatt says when World of Hyatt members book an eligible UrCove stay through Hyatt channels, they will be able to take advantage of loyalty benefits such as the following:
- World of Hyatt members will earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- World of Hyatt members will receive the standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10 per cent Discoverist, 20 percent Explorist, 30 percent Globalist)
- Qualifying nights will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- Qualifying stays will count toward earning the 5 Unique Brand Free Night Award credit
- World of Hyatt members can redeem points or Points + Cash to use for free night awards in standard rooms; each forthcoming UrCove property will be categorised into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart
- All World of Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional four Bonus Points, for a total of nine World of Hyatt points, per $1 spent at UrCove hotels. Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional three Bonus Points (US only)
- In-hotel benefits that vary by member tier and include things like complimentary premium Wi-Fi, late check out, free parking for Globalists and more.