As per Maharashtra government’s recent directive, hotels and other entities offering accommodation services including lodges and guest houses, outside containment zones, can operate from July 8 at 33 per cent capacity.
However, the Uddhav Thackeray led-government has stated that entities if being used for quarantine facilities will continue to be used so unless decided otherwise by district or municipal administration. “Similarly, some part/ whole of the balance unused capacity (67 per cent) can also be used for quarantine facility by district/municipal administration,” the government said in an official statement.
Hotels and other accommodation facilities need to ensure the necessary safety arrangements. These include:
- Ensuring proper crowd management in the hotel as well as outside premises with specific markings for physical distancing.
- Mandatory thermal screening provisions at the entrance and pedal-operated dispensers for hand sanitiser to be made available at the reception, guestroom and public places.
- Contactless check-in and checkout procedures.
- Posters/standees/AV media highlighting preventive measures about Covid-19.
- Seating arrangements in the restaurants will be reconfigured to promote social distancing. E-menus, disposable napkins, room service or takeaways will be encouraged. Restaurants will be available only for resident guests.
- Gaming arcades, play areas and other recreational facilities will remain shut.
- Large gatherings/congregations to remain prohibited. Although meeting venues at 33 per cent capacity subject to a maximum of 15 participants is permitted.
- Cleaning, sanitising and disinfecting guestrooms and high-touch points across the hotel should be undertaken.
If a positive Covid-19 case is detected in the premises, the person needs to be taken to a dedicated isolation room. The hotel staff needs to contact the nearest medical facility or call the state or district helpline. A risk assessment will be carried out by a designated public health authority team and accordingly, further action will be initiated.
Guests will be allowed entry only if they are wearing face mask/cover. Details of the guests including their medical condition and travel history along with ID and self-declaration form must be submitted at the reception. Use of Aarogya Setu app is mandatory.