The new feature will allow accommodation partners to select different health and safety measures they are taking in areas such as hygiene, sanitisation, social distancing, and food safety among others.
“Partners can immediately make a selection from the list of measures they are taking. Their selection will be displayed on the Booking.com website on their property page in a specially designed ‘health and safety box’ to equip travellers with transparency while making a travel decision,” the OTA said in an official statement.
Some measures that the properties can select from are:
- Staff follows all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens and paper removed
- Hand sanitiser in rooms and common areas
- Process in place to check the health of guests
- First-aid kit available
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Cashless payment available
- Social distancing rules
- Mobile app for room service
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
Health and Hygiene
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
- Room is disinfected daily
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with World Health Organization guidelines
- Room sealed for guests after cleaning
- Social distancing in dining areas
- Food can be delivered to the guestroom
Ritu Mehrotra, country manager, India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives at Booking.com said, “As the situation evolves, we continue to update the support we provide, including enhanced transparency to consumers around health and safety information when booking on our platform.
“By introducing these safety measures, we will help set accurate expectations and bring additional peace of mind for travellers when the time is right and they are ready to experience the world again.”