Indian travel F&B and retail company, Travel Food Services (TFS) has rolled out a comprehensive safety programme for its outlets and lounges.
TFS manages over 300 outlets and 19 lounges across travel-hubs including airports and railway stations in 18 Indian cities.
At their Bengaluru Airport outlets, acrylic sheets are installed at the lounge reception; a staff member is deployed near the hot beverage counter for serving, and footprint markings are made for queue management.
A pedal-based sanitiser facility, tables with sanitised and non-sanitised labels and signage to not occupy certain seats and maintain physical distancing are few safety measures adopted at TFS outlets and lounge services at Mumbai Airport.
Other safety protocols and preventive measures practised across the brand’s formats in Goa, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Mumbai among others include:
- Everyday staff training before the outlet opens/shift resumes. All outlet managers and team leaders are FOSTAC (Food Safety Training and Certification) Covid-19 certified by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The positioning of credit card devices (EDCs) for guests to swipe their cards without staff assistance. Payments through contactless cards and UPI is encouraged. Hand washing / sanitising follows all cash handling.
- Maintaining social distancing between guests, order takers, stewards and cashiers.
- PPE equipment including masks and gloves for staff; deep cleaning measures with medical-grade disinfectants adopted across all retail outlets, food courts, restaurants, bars and lounges and increased frequency of disinfecting high touchpoints.
- Kitchens and back of the house areas are sanitised as per World Health Organisation and FSSAI advisory; daily temperature checks are conducted for all colleagues, contractors and vendors and handwashing reminder bells are installed in the back of the house and front of the house spaces.
Gaurav Dewan, chief operating officer and business head, TFS says “We have strongly emphasised our sanitisation procedures across all our formats across India, and have set in processes to create safe zones within our outlets for our employees, guests and associates.”