Indian Railways has further restored its services partially from today — over 1.45 lakh passengers will travel on 200 special trains on day one.
These special trains are in addition to the existing Shramik special trains being operated from May 1 and special AC trains that are running since May 12.
These trains will function on the lines of regular trains. They are fully reserved trains having both AC and Non-AC classes. General (GS) coaches have reserved sitting accommodation.
Charting and boarding of trains
- Reservation against cancellation (RAC) and waitlist will be generated as per extant rules.
- No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued and no tickets will be issued onboard to any passenger during the journey.
- Along with fully confirmed and RAC passengers, partially waitlisted ticket holders (if in single PNR there are confirmed and waiting list passengers both) are allowed.
- Not allowed – Waitlisted passengers.
- Booking of tatkal (immediate) ticket can be done from June 29, for journey dated June 30 and onwards.
- All passengers shall be compulsorily screened and only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to board the train.
Safety measures for passengers include mandatory face covers/masks at the entry and during travel; downloading Aarogya Setu; reaching the station 90 minutes in advance to facilitate thermal screening; observing social distancing and adhering to health protocols issued by the destination state/union territory.
During the screening, if a passenger has high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 he/she shall not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. In such case a full refund will be provided under the following:
- PNR having a single passenger.
- On a party (bulk booking) ticket, if one passenger is found unfit to travel and other passengers on the same PNR do not want to travel, a full refund shall be granted for all.
- On a party ticket, if one passenger is found unfit to travel however other passengers on the PNR want to travel, in that case, a full refund of fare shall be granted to the passenger who was not allowed to travel.
No catering charges shall be included in the fare. Provision for pre-paid meal booking and e-catering shall be disabled. However, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) shall make provisions for limited eatables and packaged drinking water on payment basis only in limited trains.
Additionally, no linen, blankets and curtains shall be provided inside the train.