Amazon is offering free Covid-19 health insurance for its sellers in India. Anyone who has had an active product listing on Amazon.in between January 2019 and May 26, 2020, will be benefited from this initiative.
The insurance will cover expenses related to Covid-19 hospitalisation and treatment; ambulance assistance and ICU charges of up to ₹50,000, and it will be valid for one year after activation. The e-commerce firm will fully fund the premium for this health insurance.
Amazon has partnered with Acko General Insurance (Acko) to manage the policy delivery and handling of claims and reimbursements.
How can sellers register for the insurance policy?
- Amazon will open a seven-day enrolment window wherein sellers can enrol themselves by providing basic personal information and KYC documents. No medical tests will be required for registration. For each seller account, only one person will be covered under the insurance policy.
- Once the required details are processed, a Unique Health Identification (UHID) number will be issued to the sellers by Acko, which they can use to file their claims and reimbursements.
- To claim Covid-19 related hospitalisation and treatment expenses, registered sellers will have to inform Acko.
- A standard waiting period of 15 days will be applicable at the start of the insurance policy.
- Sellers can click here to learn more about additional eligibility criteria and other details regarding this health insurance.
Gopal Pillai, vice president, Seller Services, Amazon India said, “Good health is the foundation for our sellers to run their business and so we are rolling out a group health insurance benefit to help them cover for medical expenses in case of hospitalisation and treatment due to Covid-19.
“While we sincerely hope none of our sellers need to use this, we want to make sure they have a sense of security and one less thing to worry about and can focus on developing their business.”