The situation with the coronavirus is changing very quickly, and this page will be updated.
Several countries and regions in the Asia-Pacific region have banned the entry of non-citizens who have travelled to mainland China in the last 14 days in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
The coronavirus has claimed 425 lives in mainland China and the total number of confirmed cases has reached 20,438 as of Monday, according to the South China Morning Post. The World Health Organization last week declared the outbreak a global health emergency.
The United States has temporarily banned the entry of foreign nationals who have travelled to mainland China recently.
The following countries and regions in the Asia-Pacific region have also barred all recent travellers from mainland China amid the coronavirus outbreak:
Singapore said all new visitors with recent travel history to mainland China within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore.
The ban will also apply to transiting passengers. However, residents and long-term pass holders such as those on work permits, student visas or long-term visit passes are exempt from the ban.
Australia said all travellers arriving from any part of mainland China, regardless of nationality, will be subject to “enhanced border control measures”.
Australia will deny entry to anyone who has left or transited mainland China from 1 February, with the exception of Australian citizens, permanent residents and immediate family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents including spouses, minor dependents and legal guardians.
These measures also apply to those transiting through Australia en route to another country.
The country is urging travellers to not go to Australia unless they are Australian citizens, a permanent resident or an immediate family member (spouse, minor dependent or legal guardian).
The Philippines expanded a travel ban previously imposed only on visitors from Hubei province to all of China, including its Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau.
The country reported its first coronavirus death outside of China on Sunday, according to the South China Morning Post. The victim was a 44-year-old male Chinese national.
Indonesia has issued a ban on all travel to and from China. The ban stops visitors who have stayed in China for 14 days or more from visiting or transiting through Indonesia.
Indonesia will also suspend visa-free and visa on arrival provisions for Chinese citizens.
New Zealand said it has banned foreigners travelling from mainland China. The ban applies to anyone who is travelling from or has transited through China. The travel ban will be in place for 14 days beginning February 2.
Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam said all border crossings with the mainland would be suspended, except for the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, Shenzhen Bay Port and Hong Kong International Airport.
The Hong Kong government also announced last week that it would cut flights to and from the mainland in half. Beijing has stopped issuing permits for mainland Chinese travelling individually and in tour groups to Hong Kong.
Starting from February 7, foreigners who have visited or resided in mainland China over the past 14 days before they arrive in Taiwan will be barred from entering Taiwan. The ban includes those who are eligible for visa-free arrival, landing visas, and e-visas, as well as those carrying valid visas.
A growing number of airlines are suspending flights to mainland China as governments have advised against travel to the region in an effort to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Business Traveller Asia-Pacific has published a round-up of the airlines that have either suspended or cut frequency on their China routes: