Hyatt celebrates the 40th anniversary of its Park Hyatt brand in 2020, and the group is aiming to open more than 20 properties across its luxury portfolio between now and the end of next year.
The additions will be split across the group’s Park Hyatt, Andaz, Alila, Grand Hyatt, Miraval and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brands.
This week sees the opening of the Park Hyatt Doha, and later this month Hyatt will also unveil the Great Scortland Yard hotel under its Unbound Collection portfolio.
The long-awaited hotel on the site of the former Metropolitan Police HQ will feature 153 rooms, a signature restaurant, library, gym, whiskey bar / clubroom, cocktail bar, palm court style lounge, and a 120-capacity ballroom.
There will also be design references to the building’s police and military past, including “secret doors, hidden rooms, shields, emblems and historic details etched into glass and metalwork”.
The group’s online reservations system shows that rooms can now be booked for stays from December 9.
The Unbound Collection will also add the Hotel du Palais Biarritz in June next year, with Hyatt stating that the brand “is seeing its strongest growth to date in Europe”.
Other openings over the next year include Andaz Bali, Andaz Shenzhen and Andaz Palm Springs, Grand Hyatt properties in Kuwait, Nashville and Gurgaon, and Park Hyatt hotels in Auckland and Jakarta.
The group will also open two Alila properties in Dalit Bay (Malaysia) and Hinu Bay (Oman) next year. Hyatt acquired the brand when it purchased lifestyle hotel management company Two Roads Hospitality last year.
A full list of recently-opened and forthcoming (some beyond 2020) Hyatt properties across the group’s luxury brands can be seen below.
Commenting on the news Mark Vondrasek, chief commercial officer, Hyatt, said:
“With our growth acceleration in the luxury segment, we will have the opportunity to care for more travellers around the globe through a range of differentiated high-end experiences.
“We’re excited to expand into new markets and enhance the global footprint of our brands, giving our guests and members additional ways to connect with our luxury offerings in places where they want to be.”
Planned Alila openings
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia (2020)
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman (2020)
- Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland (2023)
Planned / recent Andaz openings
- Andaz Dubai The Palm (2019)
- Andaz Bali (2020)
- Andaz Shenzhen in China (2020)
- Andaz Xiamen in China (2020)
- Andaz Palm Springs in the US (2020)
- Andaz Prague (2022)
- Andaz Seoul Gangnam in South Korea (opened 2019)
Planned / recent Grand Hyatt openings
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China (2019)
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in South Korea (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Nashville in the US (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China (2020)
- Grand Hyatt at SFO–only on-airport hotel at SFO (opened 2019)
Planned / recent Park Hyatt openings
- Park Hyatt Doha (2019)
- Park Hyatt Auckland (2020)
- Park Hyatt Jakarta (2020)
- Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono in Japan (2020)
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China (2020)
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan (opened 2019)
Planned The Unbound Collection by Hyatt openings
- Great Scotland Yard (2019)
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz in France (2020)
Planned Miraval openings
- Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa in the US (2020)