Flybe has announced the first draft of its summer schedules for next year, when the airline will be rebranded as Virgin Connect.
Most schedules are effective March 29. But note that tickets are not on sale before November 14.
The big news for Londoners is that Flybe will be expanding at Southend, which is classed as a London airport. It will restart Southend-Glasgow and add new service to Belfast City, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Isle of Man and Jersey.
Other highlights are:
- E190 jet service Belfast and Edinburgh to London City at peak times, something which we have already reported.
- E190 jet service Birmingham-Edinburgh at peak times (presumably to compete with Easyjet which enters this route in 2020)
- New E190 jet service Manchester-Stuttgart
- Existing services from Southend to Caen, Groningen, Newquay and Rennes will continue to operate.
- Extra flights from Manchester to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and Hanover.
- Extra flights from Southampton to Paris CDG, Edinburgh and Newcastle.
Flybe stresses that today’s news represents the highlights of its summer 2020 schedules.
However it also looks set to cancel several routes, including from Southampton.